In 1921 Guillermo Durán Llompart opened up a tile factory in Puerta de San Antonio in Palma. At the age of just 18, his son Guillermo Durán Cañellas travelled to Paris to acquire the company’s very first lorry, which he drove across the Pyrenees before putting it on board ship for Mallorca.
And so the story of DURAN begins. A story of a family that for a century has been, and continues to be, a beacon in the sector of top-quality flooring and tiling.
In the late 1960s the inauguration of a new store in Calle General Ricardo Ortega made for an important leap in the history of the company. That space covering 1,200 m2 – something absolutely unheard of in that day and age – set a trend in ceramics and bathroom fittings, becoming one of the most important showrooms in Spain both for its size and for the novelties on display.
In the ‘seventies, the former factory and warehouse with a surface area of 13,000 m2 in Coll d’en Rabassa was turned into a spacious store which still exists today, incorporating new business units, such as hardware and plumbing.
Another important step came in the year 2000, with the inauguration of a new 8,500-square-metre centre on the Son Bugadelles industrial estate in Calvià. An avant-garde space in terms of flooring, tiles and bath- rooms, this time including kitchens, furniture and décor, lighting, fabrics and all kinds of accessories for the home.
The opening in 2015 of a new showroom in Alcudia – 6,000 m2 of surface area – and the upcoming inauguration of a totally avant-garde space in Santanyí, are a clear indication of our company’s entrepreneurial and service-centred vocation, focused on offering all-round solutions both to building and decoration specialists and to individual customers.